Welcome to St. Margaret's Church,
Bucknall LN10 5DT
Church entrance on south side
Looking at church from road
All welcome at all services
See monthly calendar for dates
Ray Dales and Andrew Price, Church wardens at Bucknall
Peter Dalby, Parish Reader, Bishop John (retired Jan 2011)
and Ray Dales (Churchwarden)
History and Architecture
Built of greenstone in the early English style, St Margaret's is partly 13th century with traces of Norman and the external features mainly Victorian. The Western tower, restored in 1912, is embattled with four pinnacles and houses a mediaeval bell. There are two original gargoyles and two of later origin.
The inside arcades are 13th century and both are of four bays with low double chamfered arches. The octagonal font was originally square and is a link with Norman times.
The fine pulpit, Masonic in design, was installed in 1646. A carved reredos was dedicated in 1902 and the stained glass windows of St. Margaret and St. Hugh in 1902.
The earliest entry recorded in the Parish Register comes from 1708.
Each month we have a Morning Prayer at 10.30am (first Sunday), Parish Eucharist at 9.15am (third Sunday) and occasional family service with additional services over the Christian festivals.
Priest in Charge: in vacancy
Group Administrator:Mrs Jo Evison Tel: 07842 202 525
Peter Dalby, Parish Reader- 01526 388619
Mr Ray Dales - Tel: 01526 388623
Mr Andrew Price Tel: 01526 388436