Congratulations on your forthcoming marriage, we are honoured you are thinking of getting married at St Mary's.
If you want to plan your wedding with us then follow these few simple steps:
- Contact the Deanery Administrator, Mrs Caz Dennis on 01406 423460 or email EEDeanery@lincoln.anglican.org to tell her your good news. She will then contact the clergy to inform them of your booking.
- Reverend Gareth will let you know whether he, or Reverend Barbara (our Assistant Priest) will lead your service. Of course you can also request that another Church of England priest takes your service if you want to. Whoever leads your service, they will want to talk to you about your plans for the service and about preparing for your lives together.
- The Banns of Marriage (public notice of your plans to marry) will be read out in church on three Sundays before your wedding day. This is a beautiful moment so do come along if you are able.
- A few days before your wedding ceremony you will have the opportunity to rehearse with your wedding party.
- On your weding day Reverend Gareth, Reverend Barbara or the priest you have asked for will meet you in church and help to gather all your guests together. They will then lead the service where you become husband and wife.