MISSION DEVELOPMENT FUND (MDF)
On the 12th March, the Mission Development Fund committee held ts annual meeting. The Fund was established a number of years ago under a formal constitution which was amended in October 2018 to include the parishes of Croxby and Thoresway.
Each parish has a representative on the committee, with the Rector as chair. The role of the committee is to support the mission of the Walesby Group of parishes, by financial grants for specific missional purposes.
Over the last 12 months, grants have been awarded to support:
• the Companion of the Wolds Group (a group formed for bereaved women in our communities);
• the Lent and Advent Lunches;
• Christingle celebrations;
• teaching through Tealby school and Brookenby church;
• refreshments for the bible study group currently meeting at the Rectory every Friday morning, and
• supporting our Easter Monday Lamb and Bunny trails in Tealby and Brookenby, which we are in the process of preparing.
Each activity is supporting some understanding of the Christian faith, and aims to open the idea of faith and the support it can offer to more people.
Lynn Roberts our MDF treasurer and Stainton-le-Vale representative recently stood down from the committee and handed the treasurers portfolio over to Trevor Lyle, who has served as
treasurer before. Linda Clendinning has agreed to be the new Stainton-le-Vale representative. I would like to offer my thanks to Lynn for the time and energy she has put into the MDF, and Trevor and Linda for taking on these new responsibilities
The fund is open to any missional project across the Walesby Group. Anyone leading or wanting to start a missional project, or needing support for their own personal faith development can apply. Applications are submitted to the committee, after an initial informal
discussion with and through the Rector.