As of 5th November within the Billingborough Group of churches we are able to offer the three options listed below for funeral services. This position will be constantly under review to account for any governmental legislation and Church of England guidance changes:
1. Church service for (30 max) at: Aslackby and Billingborough
2. Graveside at: Dowsby, Sempringham Horbling; Billingborough (ashes only)
3. Crematorium (no.s as per local crematorium rules)
Current guidance suggests only immediate family members should attend.
Everyone will be required to maintain social distancing and no wake or gathering should be held following the funeral; but be scheduled for a later date.
We truly appreciate how enormously difficult this will be for many only adding to the pain of a loss. We would encourage you to discuss with Fr. Neil the possibility of a memorial service at a date in the future where friends and family can come together to remember your loved one.
In the interim, we have some resources below to try help, in some small way, those who are unable to attend a funeral, whether for family, friend or neighbour.
· For mourners: a simple reflection at home on the day of a funeral you can't attend
· 'We're thinking of you' Funeral card
Neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor rulers, nor things present, nor things to come, nor powers, nor height, nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord.