Note the Royal Coat of Arms above the entrance to the Chancel. These were placed above the chancel in all churches to indicate that the monarch was the Head of the Church.
Note the unusual sight of the Bell Ropes in the chancel. Our ringers in Horbling perform under the central tower, in full view of the congregation.
The churchwardens holding office in 1719, John Crosby and Thomas Thimbleby, had their names inscribed on the church bells which were hung that year. John Cragg gives particulars of the inscription in his diary in 1790. The bells have since been re-cast, the original five bells now being hung as six.
The peal of six bells, which are considered very fine are in regular use by both local and more distant campanologists.